First things first – buying an air conditioner and buying an energy efficient air conditioner are two different things. People who are dissatisfied with their conditioners are the ones who do not understand the difference above. Energy efficient air save energy which converts into savings via cuts in your energy bills. As compared to central conditioners, room conditioners are less expensive in terms of initial investment and maintenance. Also, room air are easy to handle. Some basic tips which would help you buy an energy efficient air conditioner are mentioned below
• Instead of you controlling the conditioner, how about the air controlling itself? Buy a room conditioner which comes with a built in thermostat which helps the unit to control itself according to the room temperature. The thermostat prevents overuse by proper detection of room temperature.
• In terms of proportional requirements, buy an conditioner as per the size of your room for a better shot at energy saving. lg store
• Look for portable units wherever possible as central air conditioning is effective but on the higher side of expense. Portable air also combat the loss of cold air through windows.
• Look for conditioners which are easy to handle and maintain. Maintenance eats a lot of your budget in the long run.
• Buy an air with respect to SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio). Look for conditioners with SEER above or at least 13. More the SEER rating less is the power used during operations.
• Use thick curtains wherever possible to avoid loss of heat.
• Proper up-gradation of insulation at your home will result in saving a lot of heat energy that gets lost. Now days, insulation at reasonable rates is available which forms a major step towards making all types of air conditioning efficient in terms of energy.